place holder for something clever

Monday, October 30, 2006

Of all the gins joints, in all the towns, in all the world...


The weekend before last i went to Lyon on the spur of the moment. A friend said she has a place for me to stay, so off I went. Lyon is half way between Paris and the Mediterranean. That means 400km or two hours on the TGV.
One of the first things we noticed was that in Lyon 'cool' kids tuck their pants into their socks. The night we arrived we went to a dance club on a converted barge that was quite an experience. Small, crowded, and tippy sums things up well i think. Oh, and i think it is also important to mention that two Mexican circus acrobats bought drinks for some of the girls i was with.
The city itself was nice. Old buildings, rivers, French people, you get the idea. I got a rude surprise Monday morning when i found out that my return Paris-Lyon ticket did not leave from the same train station in Lyon into which it had arrived. As the boarding official informed i would have to go to the other station in town, my friend was already headed up the escalator to the platform. I never though I would get the chance to yell, "I will see you in Paris" across a crowded train station, but i did. It was very Casablanca-esque. There was also a Peter Lorre type character in the form of two Mexican circus performers bought drinks for some of the girls i was with on the barge/club.

Anyhow, i made it home safe and sound.




1 Comments:

  • I tried the socks-in-pants thing like ten years back, with mixed reception. After that I just stuck to the one neon green, one neon pink sock combination.

    This also did not garner widespread approval.

    By Blogger The Chairman, at 9:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home