place holder for something clever

Monday, October 30, 2006

I don't have tuberculosis!

Well, i finally got my residency permit for France. In most other modern countries having a student visa would exempt one from needing a residency permit, but not in the paragon of efficiency that is France.

In September i had started the process to get said permit, and was given an appointment on October 18th. An appointment, you say, what would you need an appointment for? Well, it turns out the French government is very worried about my health. The appointment consisted of a cursory eye exam, height and weight measurements, and a chest x-ray.
These were followed by a five minutes interview with a doctor which went something like this:

Are you sick?

No.

Are you vaccinated?

Yes

We think you should get vaccinated again.

Okay. (Takes vaccination paper, puts in garbage.)

The whole deal took only an hour, though i showed up 30 minutes ahead just to be sure. I think showing up ahead was the key. My friend who went at 9:15 for his 9:15 appointment had to wait a total of two and a half hours.

At least I am pretty much done with the French bureaucracy.

PS. My bank promised me eighty Euros for opening an account. (A bonus for student's of Sciences Po, because the elite need all the help they can get.) Unfortunately, this money has yet to be delivered. I am seriously debating whether it is worth the eighty Euros to have to go talk to those buffoons again.

1 Comments:

  • I hope it was HSBC

    We are a true bunch of fiscal parasites

    Kiel

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home